3.3. Create & customize steps – Common settings
In the ‘SCENARIO’ menu, click the right button of your mouse when you are over the main step area and choose the step you want to add into your scenario.
Some settings are common to all steps and some settings are specific regarding the type of step you are working on.
Let’s focus on the ‘GENERAL’, the ‘IMAGERY’ and the ‘TEXTS’ menus where the common settings are located for each step.
In the ‘GENERAL’ menu, you can always set the following elements:
- A title and a description that will be displayed to the user.
- A display zone (a zone of the map where the step will appear once triggered), even if the step appears automatically. Steps need to be either in a map zone, or in an existing zone (for ie the message pad if it is active). By default, every step is located in the Action files zone which is either an invisible zone (without the message pad) or one of the 4 message pad zones (with the message pad active).
Click here to see how to create interactive map items
- A label for the ‘next step button’ that is the button to move on in the simulation (start, choose, next...)
For any other settings appearing in the ‘GENERAL’ menu, please refer to the specific step settings.
In the ‘IMAGERY’ menu, you can always set the following elements:
- Upload a picture or a video file from your computer. The 1600*900 format needs to be respected.
- Note: Having a picture with a step is not mandatory, you can leave this menu empty.
In the ‘TEXTS’ menu, you can set the following elements:
- Choose a language in the list of available languages for the simulation (these languages can be added in the waiting room)
- A title, description and button label fields that have to be filled with the relevant language.
Note that the ‘TEXTS’ menu is only available if there are at least 2 languages added for the simulation.
These are the very basic settings of any kind of step.
Some other step menus such as ‘OPTIONS’, ‘ITEMS’, ‘SENDER’, ‘BUCKETS’ etc... are specific to particular steps. To learn more about these specific settings, please refer to step settings.
‘ACTIVATION’ menu and ‘VARIABLE’ menus are common to all steps and are explained in specific chapters:
To learn more about the ‘ACTIVATION’ menu, click here.
To learn more about the ‘VARIABLE’ menu, click here.
And thanks to the live preview, you can see directly the results on our example.